Elegant townhouse in Vienna's historical center - available for habitation or as business premises
1010 Wien; Located near: Stephansplatz, Opera, Kärntner Straße
At the Blue Carp – unencumbered property in Annagasse
We are pleased to offer for rent an elegant town house with spacious reception rooms in the very heart of Vienna. The house dates back to 1824 and was known as “Zum blauen Karpfen” (At the Blue Carp).
The triaxial, four-storey building was first mentioned in 1438 and was a beer house at one point in its rich history.
The lovely Empire facade has ornamental painting and a triangular gable. The house was comprehensively refurbished and floors were added in 1986 and 1992. The leading design studio Pilati from Munich was then commissioned to do the interior design. The hand-painted sketches show that each individual piece was designed and manufactured specifically for the interior.
The rental area:
The total floor area is approximately 460 m²/ 4,951 sq.ft., plus an approximately 67 m²/ 721 sq ft vaulted cellar in the basement that has been converted to a wine cellar with a seating area for guests to enjoy wine tasting events.
There is central staircase and an elevator to take you to all floors.
The attic houses a wellness area and a 45 m²/484 sq ft completely private terrace.
The lease is limited to 5 years and the house is available immediately.
The rent is € 15.000,00 per month, plus € 852,00 net per month plus 20% VAT for running costs.
Depending on the Tenant, the VAT will be 10% if the house is used for habitation or 0% VAT as business premises. The Landlord is a society.
District heating comes to approx. € 600,00 net per month and is recalculated annually based on actual consumption.
The central location in the historical center is ideal for a single individual to use as a private residence and business address.
The numerous cultural and gastronomic establishments in the 1st district, as well as boutiques are within walking distance. A short stroll along the city’s best known shopping street will take you to the opera house, theaters and museums.
The property is located in central Vienna with all amenities close by: supermarkets, bakeries, banks, surgeries, pharmacies, etc. There are also kindergartens and schools in the area.
We can look into parking possibilities if needed.
Public transportation connections are excellent with subway lines U1 and U3, city busses, and trams within easy walking distance.
- district heating
- fitted kitchen
- passenger elevator
- cable/satellite TV
- alarm system
- air conditioning
- underground station close by
- district heating
- kitchenette (mini kitchen or kitchen cupboard)
- winter garden
- wellness area
- Openable window
- separate toilets
- flat roof
- bricks & concrete
- town view
- wine cellar
Energy Performance Certificate
- Annual thermal energy index: C 88.8 kWh/m²a
- valid until: 29.06.2032
Your contact person for this property:
Mag. Elisabeth Rohr, MRICS, CIPS
Mobil: +43 699 15 85 36 63
- Type of use: ResidentialCommercial
- Property number: 1605
- Object type: House
- Term of lease: 5
- For occupation: sofort
- Living area: ca. 460,00 m2
- Usable area: ca. 530,00 m2
- Bathrooms: 5
- WCs: 6
- Terraces: 1 (ca. 45,00 m2)
- Condition: renovated
The layout is as follows:
- 20 m²/215 sq.ft.fully air-conditioned wine cellar with alcoves for storage purposes
- 45 m²/ 484 sq.ft. wine cellar with air-conditioned rooms, installation of a galley kitchen possible, wine cellar with brick alcoves, original wall dating back to the Middle Ages.
- 96 m²/ 1,0331 sq ft entrance hall with an open fireplace and original baroque ornaments. Courtyard with a glass roof, over 8 m/26 ft high in places.
- 80 m²/861 sq ft entrance hall with balustrade, large drawing room with open fireplace, extra relaxation room for guests.
- 67 m²/ 721 sq ft master suite with bathroom, WC, entrance hall, bedroom in Art Deco style, 2 dressing rooms, private living room, galley kitchen
- 71 m²/ 764 sq ft currently used as an office and library (can also be used as a bedroom suite as on the floor below), bathroom, WC, entrance hall, 3 rooms, galley kitchen
1st rooftop level:
- 76 m²/ 818 sq ft master suite with bathroom, WC, bedroom, dressing room and beautiful mahagony living room with fully equipped galley kitchen
2nd rooftop level:
- 62 m²/ 667 sq ft main kitchen, pantry, dining room,WC. The dining room has glass doors that open on to the inner court yard.
3rd rooftop level:
- Sauna with relaxation area, shower (approx. 9 m²/ 96 sq ft), approx. 45 m²/484 sq ft completely private, not overlooked roof terrace
Total useable floor space approx. 530 m²/5,704 sq ft plus a 45 m²/484 sq ft roof terrace
Total rent:* 17.437,90 €
* Rent + ancillary expenses (incl. VAT)
Rent: 15.000,00 €
Operating costs: 852,64 €
VAT: 1.585,26 €
Total monthly costs: 17.437,90 €
Commission: 2 months gross rent plus 20% VAT